Hey Angels and Alphas,
What’s the best way to stay motivated with your weight loss goals?
For many people, getting outside and enjoying the weather does wonders for their mood and energy levels, making it easier to work out and stick to their weight loss plan when they know they’ll have some me time at the end of their exercise routine.
There are plenty of reasons why you should use outdoor sports as part of your weight loss journey, but here are five benefits that come up most often in discussions with fitness professionals and avid exercisers about why it’s important to include outdoor sports in your weight loss goals.
1) Cardio exercise
Cardio exercise is one of the most important types of exercise when it comes to weight loss. It helps to burn calories and improve your cardiovascular health. Plus, it can be done almost anywhere. If you’re looking for a great way to get started, try incorporating some outdoor sports into your routine.
Doing so will help increase your cardio activity while giving you an opportunity to enjoy some fresh air and sunlight – two things that will help keep you motivated!
2) Get off the treadmill
If you’re stuck in a workout rut, it might be time to ditch the treadmill and head outdoors.
Whether you’re hiking, running, or playing tennis, there are plenty of reasons to get your fitness fix outside. The first step to learning to enjoy outdoor sports is to ditch the treadmill mentality – some people will drive half an hour to the gym just to hop on a treadmill.
And if that’s what you prefer, that’s great. But if you’re truly interested in developing a healthy body and a healthy lifestyle, you can’t be attaching yourself to an arbitrary building or space in which you do all your training.
3) Have fun while exercising
When it comes to working out, we often think of it as a chore. But it doesn’t have to be that way! One of the best ways to make exercise a part of your life is by finding activities that you enjoy.
And what could be more fun than playing sports outdoors? If you can hop on a friendly tennis match with your friends, you’ll be burning off a ton of calories all while having fun with your friends!
4) No gym access
While some people may have access to a gym, not everyone does. And even if you do have a gym membership, there are still plenty of reasons to get outside and engage in some outdoor sports. Not only is it a great way to change up your routine, but it can also help you lose weight and get fit.
If at some point you find yourself with no gym access (like we all did a year or two ago), you will have wished that you practiced some outdoor sports.
5) Best outdoor sports for weight loss
- Running is a great way to torch calories and improve your cardiovascular health.
- Swimming is a low-impact activity that can help you burn a lot of calories.
- Cycling is a great way to tone your legs and butt while also getting your heart rate up.
- Hiking is a great way to get in touch with nature while also getting some exercise.
- Playing tennis or badminton are both fun activities that can help you shed some pounds.
- Ultimate frisbee is an intense cardio workout that will help you achieve your weight loss goals.
- Soccer is another outdoor activity that will help you slim down while having fun.