General well being does not always mean physical fitness alone. While physical fitness is a huge factor in our health and wellbeing, it’s not the only aspect of our health that we should pay attention to. To live a truly healthy lifestyle, you need to pay attention to your Mental, Health, and Physical fitness altogether.
What we eat plays a huge role in our health and wellbeing. Nutrition contributes a huge quota to our general fitness. Eating the right foods nourishes our bodies and keep them performing at optimal levels while keeping us safe from sicknesses, infections, complications, and so on.
Without food and indeed nutritious foods, the body is at risk of malnourishment, and this can pose health complications like kwashiorkor, anemia, scurvy, etc. Also, too much intake of food can lead to obesity, risks of high blood pressure, stroke, and so on. Therefore, it is important that we consume not just the adequate amount of food but the ones our bodies need to positively impact all aspects of our bodies.
Nutritional foods become the solution to regulate the body and prevent the risks of some of these diseases. Nutrition is very important in our development, as it provides the body with vitamins and nutrients necessary for keeping our fitness levels high.
In this article, we will be discussing the effects of some of these nutritious foods on our mental, health, and physical well being.
Nutrition and its Impacts on Mental fitness
Good nutrition has positive impacts on mental health. The brain works every day and every time for as long as you are alive. Even when you sleep, the brain is working and carrying out different roles. It is very important that you eat the right kinds of foods to maintain the brain’s balance and functionality.
The nutrients in your foods can stimulate several neurons and hormones to make you think better and make calculated healthy decisions like a rational, sound person.
Some healthy foods that can help for improved mental fitness are;
- Beans: Beans are a rich source of thiamine, responsible for the production of acetylcholine in the brain. This vitamin is essential for memory and the brain as a whole. They contain a lot of fiber and antioxidants that maintain the body’s sugar levels and produce enough protein for the brain and mental fitness in general.
- Salmon: Foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids like salmons are very good for the body and the brain. Salmons is a kind of fish that provides the body with essential nutrients like vitamin B-12, which has been said to reduce the chances of depression in people.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Berries, citrus fruits, and leafy vegetables have been linked with boosting mental alertness and awareness. They contain vitamins and nutrients that promote mental health and reduce depressive disorders.
Nutrition and its Impacts on Health
The food we eat literally helps the body function optimally and keep us out of the hospital. However, the kinds of food you consume can either be good or bad for you. If you are interested in weight loss, for instance, you must cut down on some sort of foods that causes excess fat in the body, such as pastries, ice creams, white bread, etc. Eating a balanced diet and the right kinds of food can help us keep health issues like heart disorders, obesity, malnutrition, cancer, and so on at bay.
Therefore, you should always make sure you eat just the right kind of foods that are high in nutritious values and have a positive impact on your overall wellbeing.
Eating lots of vegetables, fruits, and a balanced diet can help improve your health tremendously. Eating a balanced diet implies that you must eat the right amount of different classes of foods regularly for improved health and nutrition.
You can also inculcate superfoods in your menu if you’re intentional about your general health. Superfoods are rich in nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants and supply the body with good nutrition.
Some of them are;
- Soy: Soy helps to reduce the amount of cholesterol in the body and can help prevent memory loss in older people. Soy has no side effects and can be eaten anytime.
- Tea: Teas are low in calories and is advised to be taken every day to improve and enhance activities during the day. It is a good source of hydration and stress reduction
- Sweet potatoes: Potatoes provide fiber and vitamin A to the body.
Other foods could be beets, turmeric, berries, nuts, and so on. All these foods can help promote nutrition in the body and prevent sicknesses.
Nutrition and its Impacts on Physical fitness
Physical fitness can be summed up as a feeling of well being, health, and the ability to perform tasks. Achieving a state of physical fitness is not only done by regular exercises and rest; nutrition plays its roles too in maintaining a well balanced and healthy body.
Visiting the gym and going on road walks are great ways to improve weight loss and maintain physical fitness, but you need to eat nutritious foods that are rich in vitamins and other nutrients to be sure of a truly healthy state of being.
The impacts of some of these foods on physical fitness are as follows;
- Green tea: This is essential for weight and fat loss. Taking green tea every morning, hot or cold, can help you shed some weight and keep you sharp and focused.
- Eggs: Eggs are a good source of protein and amino acids. They help to enhance muscle and bone growth and keep you active while in the gym.
- Almonds: Almonds are rich in fiber and vitamin E. They are very good for the heart and helps prevent indigestion.
- Tomatoes: Contains an antioxidant known as lycopene. Lycopene helps rid the body of diseases and can serve as a prevention for prostate cancer in men. Tomatoes can be eaten raw or cooked along with your meals, and it is deliciously nutritious.
There are a whole lot of other foods, fruits, and vegetables that the body requires to stay healthy, but these are some of the basic ones to enhance and ensure even growth and development in all facets of the human body.
Nutrition is very important for the all-round fitness of the human body. Our bodies require the intake of food to functions properly, and the foods we eat matter and contribute to our general wellbeing.
Eating nutritious foods regularly, as well as taking other measures such as having adequate rest, will generally keep you healthy and fit.