A man is usually more attractive with a fit and firm body that has no accumulation of fat but is lithe and sinewy. Through progressing ages, this has become the new normal, and the women generally love the person that lifts weights and does bodybuilding routines for a living. Does this now mean that older and geriatric men cannot be fit? This article talks about fitness beyond physical looks and appearance and gives a general overview of physical fitness beyond the physical.
Men’s fitness covers the concept of health and physical wellness of a man, which includes a balance in food and diet, exercise, physiological and mental wellness. Many go to the gym just because it is a trend that allows them to build muscle mass and achieve body fitness. However, there is more to male fitness than that. It covers the whole facet of the male life from positive reinforcement to better function at work and in daily living. Male fitness involves being mentally, physically, emotionally, and psychologically healthy at all times and the ability to give your best to any activity that you have at hand.
It goes without saying that there is no age limit to male fitness, and though it takes deliberateness to stay fit, it is achievable and doable.
Benefits of Male Fitness
The male fitness trend has many young men scurrying to gyms and spending long hours to gain beautiful abs and shoulder muscles. This is great and commendable but raises the question of other components of male fitness beyond the physical. The fact is that besides muscle mass building, physical fitness has the following components:
- Improves Flexibility: This explains the mechanism through which a muscle or group of muscles can stretch or lengthen or how far a joint can move. Examples of muscles that are common sites for flexibility testing include shoulder and hip joints and muscles.
- Muscular Strength: This is the power to lift your body comfortably without putting much pressure on it. It also entails carrying heavyweights and not straining under the pressure that it may bring due to a slow build of muscle strength over time. With poor muscle strength, the body gives under slight pressure.
- Cardiovascular Health and Endurance: As you get older, the heart begins to pump blood a little slower than usual. However, during exercise, the stress motivated the heart to pump a little faster, and with regular exercise, it is able to maintain the same routine, keeping the male fit and healthy. In order to achieve male fitness, the cardiovascular system, which consists of the heart and blood vessels, plays a vital role. Some exercises that you can indulge in for cardiovascular health include cycling, jogging, swift walking, swimming, and running.
- Muscle Endurance: With regular exercise, your muscles become able to carry loads for prolonged periods. Normally, the muscles are prone to strain after a while of heavy lifting, but with specific physical exercises, they can develop endurance.
- Body Composition: Male fitness plan enhances more tissue mass over fat or adipose tissues, enhancing blood flow and concentration through tissues. This is what causes the body’s litheness, muscle endurance and strength, flexibility, and cardiovascular endurance. In most ways, this is the core reason why many men go to gyms to achieve male fitness.
Benefits of Male Fitness
Outside of attracting the women, what other benefits are there in achieving male fitness?
- Physical activity and exercise keeps you alert and agile, effusing you with much energy to go through the length of your day without lag moments.
- It is a natural body healing remedy, as it improves blood flow and heightens body metabolism. This aids to expel toxins and free radicals from the body and causes one to be healthy and fit
- Male fitness builds the bones and prevents calcium resorption that may lead to osteoporosis.
- Male fitness decreases risks of diseases such as heart problems, diabetes type 2, and cholesterol-based illnesses.
- It aids with balance and stability, preventing falls and injuries, and slowing aging in older men
- Exercise and body fitness plans generally give you a positive opinion of yourself; this goes a long way in boosting your self-confidence and brightening your outlook on life and work.
- Weight loss and male fitness also improves your body’s touch with the circadian rhythm and causes you to have a better sleep time. It ensures that you are well-rested and your body maintains elevated functions
- Exercise releases endorphins, which are happy hormones that make you feel better, even when the situations that you are currently dealing with are still present. However, since the brain is the organ that requires the most oxygen and the blood is the carrier of oxygen, exercise causes increased blood flow to the brain and helps you to think clearly and effectively.
- Another benefit of a male fitness plan is that it increases energy levels. This is quite controversial because you expend energy but get stronger. However, exercise causes you to breathe faster, forcing oxygen into your lungs and increasing blood and energy supply in vessels.
- A major reason for skin wrinkling and aging is oxidative stress. The free radicals that move around the body are capable of causing deleterious effects on cells, tissues, and organs. These free radicals arise as products from food synthesis, drugs, and others, and so it is happy news that exercise eliminates free radicals and prolongs your life.
Age Range for Male Fitness
The trend is presently for young men to go to the gym in order to stay fit, but there is no restriction to male fitness. All men can keep fit, and it is best to start early. It is also important to know that no part of your life is an exemption to fitness, and all male fitness plans should cover the diet, exercise type, duration of exercise, venue, and time. Your plan can be unique to you, merging your everyday routine with your fitness plan to get the best out of it.
When to Start
A plan always takes deliberateness in order to come to bear. Therefore, the time to start on your male fitness time is now! Partner with us at Allyangels for male fitness coaching and top-notch tips to enhance your living.