Gone is the era when people just want to do fitness training for fun. Nowadays, fitness has become competitive. Several fitness competitions now record a great number of spectators running into tens of thousands in attendance. The good side of these competitions is that you can attend or participate without complications whether you are involved in functional fitness or not.
In this article, you will learn much more about some organizations hosting fitness competitions across the world. Note that the list contained in this article is the most recognized federations in the fitness modeling world. Are you a fitness addict who wants to learn about the different fitness modeling organizations or an athlete interested in how fitness competition helps? You are reading the right piece. Read through to find answers to your questions.
Let’s take a look at the list.
World Beauty Fitness and Fashion (WBFF) is one of the top-notch organizations hosting world-class fitness competitions. Paul Dillett, a professional athlete, founded it. WBFF is mostly regarded as the leader in the fitness modeling industry. Most professional fitness models have either participated in the WBFF competitions or are still aiming to register. WBFF provides competitors with marketing and branding opportunities to help athletes to grow and maximize their competitive opportunities. WBFF aims to combine fitness with fashion, beauty, and music.
Also, WBFF strives to support its partners in promoting fashion, health, and entertainment. According to the words of Paul Dillett, the organization seeks to maintain the highest standard in the fitness modeling industry as a professional body. Paul Dillett also claims that the organization is not only promoting fitness competitions; it’s a brand that supports athletes to reach a greater level in the fitness modeling world.
WBFF has a wide variety of categories in which male and female contestants can participate. The female categories include Diva Bikini Model, Diva Fitness Model, Diva Figure Model, Diva Wellness, and Commercial Model. Male categories include Male Fitness Model, Muscle Model, and Transformation Division.
Rules for the competition:
- All competitors must use the official WBFF Beauty Service and the Official WBFF training service to participate.
- Competitors need to wear shoes that are in line with WBFF’s brand and compliments their outfits.
- All contestants should be at least 18 years to compete in the WBFF events
- There is an opportunity for contestants above age 35 to compete in the Diva Bikini Model Category.
- Contestants are not allowed to invite guests backstage.
- Contestants should not take alcohol while participating in the fitness competition.
- First-time contestants are only permitted to participate in the WBFF amateur competition.
- You don’t need previous experience to participate in any WBFF competition.
- WBFF must check and approve all your props and costumes before you can qualify to participate.
The National Physique Committee (NPC) is regarded as the world’s most famous physique organization. It was created in 1982. NPC is a bodybuilding organization created mainly for amateurs to start their fitness modeling career. Successful athletes in the ICN competitions would have to attend professional IFBB events to advance their careers. Fitness models who have participate in the ICN events usually appear in major magazines such as Muscular Development, Muscle and Fitness, and others.
Although, there are several categories in which competitors can participate but the most well-known categories are women’s bikini fitness and men’s physique. Only Men’s Classic Physique and Men’s Physique for the male categories.
The weight classes for male competitors include:
- Bantamweight – 143 ¼ lbs.
- Lightweight – 143 ¼ lbs – 154 ¼ lbs.
- Middleweight – 154 ¼ lbs – 176 ¼ lbs.
- Light-Heavyweight – 176 ¼ lbs – 198 ¼ lbs.
- Heavyweight – 198 ¼ lbs – 225 ¼ lbs.
- Super Heavyweight – 225 ¼ lbs.
The female categories include, women’s physique, Bikini, Figure, and wellness.
The weight classes for female competitors include:
- Lightweight – 115 lbs.
- Middleweight – 115 lbs – 125 lbs.
- Light-Heavyweight – 125 lbs – 140 lbs.
- Heavyweight – 140 lbs.
Rules for the competition:
- Male competitors must wear immaculate-colored suits without wording.
- Female competitors must wear 2 pieces of posing suits which may have lace, sparkle, or fringes.
- All competitors must wear v-shaped posing suits without thongs.
- Competitors can bring their preferred music but must not contain uncouth lyrics.
- Competitors are not allowed to wear any jewelry except wedding bands and earrings.
- Competitors must be a US citizen to compete in NPC contest hosted in US.
- Competitors without US citizenship must have at least a green card.
- A Canadian competitor must have a CPA membership identity to participate.
ICN is an Australia-based fitness modeling organization created in 1991 to take the country’s bodybuilding sector to a professional level. Presently, ICN runs about 40 fitness competitions in a year. ICN also teach young people about the life-threatening dangers of unhealthy eating and obesity.
The goal of this organization is to support athletes who desire to build a more defined body without using performance-enhancing drugs. Wayne McDonald, the founder of the organization is passionate about developing natural bodybuilding in the country. He organized ‘The Australian Natural Titles’, in 1991.
The competition being the first event of the organization was a massive success. The event had an Olympic standard drug testing and marked the first international fitness competition outside the US. ICN remains the foremost bodybuilding organization in Australia with eight independent state organizations.
Both male and female contestants can participate in a varieties of categories in ICN. The male categories include, Fitness Model, Men’s Physique and bodybuilding. Female categories include Bikini Model, Ms. Runway, Sports Model, Swimmer Model, Angels, Fitness Model, Figure, Classic Figure, and bodybuilding.
Rules for the competition:
- Contestants are allowed to wear an outfit or any colour or design depending on the athlete’s taste.
- To compete, you have to be an Australian citizen or have a residency visa.
- Competitors that are tested positive to some drug injections or those with muscle implants are not allowed to participate.
- Competitors should have entered the event a day before the actual event day because same-day entry is not prohibited.
- Contestants should not be less than 15 years old.
- Only contestant that makes it to the top 5 in any ICN contest can participate.
- All competitors must be tested drug-free to qualify for the competition.
Every fitness modeling organization has their different goals and different mission. If you want to participate in any of the fitness competitions, visit their official websites to get more details about how to participate, the requirements for participation, date time and venue of the next fitness competition and more.